Friday, February 25, 2011

To Boldly Go...

Without buying new clothes for a year or for the rest of the year that is.

So this is my goal for the remainder of the year - to abstain from purchasing new clothes (and try to abstain from buying used clothes as well). This is so I may use my closet full of clothes to the fullest, also so that my "creative juices" can be used to come up with outfits out of what I have in my closet. One of the best parts of working at a nice place (and my sister can attest to this) is dressing up for work. Though I do miss the days of throwing on jeans and a shirt, it is something exciting when you know you have to look nice when you come to work. When I say nice place, I'm not being snooty, it's just a place where I can't wear jeans and t-shirts everyday.

For this "goal", more like a challenge, will entail that I keep a blog and photo log of my outfits and so I can stick to this and not buy anything. Now I may have to purchase the necessities (underwear and shoes-only because the hubby works at the best shoe store ever, DSW, and we get a sweet discount). But that will only be in the extreeme desperation. I will however, will have to purchase some wares for our upcoming fallish trip to (insert England's National Anthem) UK!! But those I will try to get 2nd hand or my new favorite- pay per pound Goodwill! So let the game begin! Let me know your thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment